|Grambling State||T Rose 14.4||B Purvis 5.0||D Copeland 3.4|
|Jackson State||D Nelson 15.3||W Readus 5.3||D Nelson 2.4|
Grambling State visits Williams Assembly Center on Saturday to take on Jackson State. Tipoff is at 6:30 p.m. EST. The Grambling State Tigers fell to the Jackson State Tigers 57-46 on Jan. 19 and are 3-8 against them over the last four years.
Grambling State is 10th in the conference and Jackson State is seventh. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
The Grambling State Tigers were defeated by Texas Southern 80-52 on Feb. 11 despite 16 points from Terry Rose. At 14.4, he paces the team in points per game. For the Jackson State Tigers, Christian Williams put up 17 points in the 65-60 win over Prairie View A&M on Feb. 11. He contributes 2.7 rebounds per game in addition to his 11.9 points per game.
Jackson State has a statistical edge over Grambling State in one specific area, scoring, where the Jackson State Tigers have the upper hand over the Grambling State Tigers, 64 points per game to 49 points per game.
Jackson State StatSmack
- Terry Rose is ranked 9th in the SWAC in points and 19th nationally in three-pointers.
- Grambling State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 77.0 inches compared to 74.1 inches for Jackson State.
- Grambling State has come back to win after being down at half against Jackson State five times since 1997.
- The Grambling State three-point leader (Terry Rose, 70 three-pointers) has more three-pointers than the Jackson State three-point leader (Christian Williams, 46 three-pointers).
- The Grambling State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Jackson State (78 percent vs. 25 percent).
- Grambling isn't as congested as Jackson (population is significantly lower).
- The Grambling State assist leader (David Copeland, 71 assists) has more assists than the Jackson State assist leader (Dundrecous Nelson, 36 assists).
- Grambling State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Grambling State is 211 lbs compared to 188 lbs for Jackson State.
- The Grambling State scoring leader (Terry Rose, 317 points) has more points than the Jackson State scoring leader (Kelsey Howard, 305 points).