(16-10, 7-6 away)
(17-7, 13-4 home)
Venue: XL Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||R Arcidiacono 25
||M Yarou 16
||J Bell 4
||O Calhoun 16
||O Calhoun 6
||S Napier 10
Villanova won on the road against Connecticut 70-61 in Big East play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Wildcats got a double-double out of Mouphtaou Yarou with 11 points and 16 rebounds. JayVaughn Pinkston had 14 points and added nine rebounds. For the Huskies, Tyler Olander got six points and four rebounds. Next up for Villanova (16-10, 7-6 Big East) is Rutgers (13-10, 4-8 Big East) on Monday, Feb. 18 on their home court.
Villanova Game Notes
- Villanova started 16-10 during the 2000 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Villanova beat the spread by 13.5 points. That makes the 15th time this season the Wildcats have beaten the spread.
- The Wildcats have won every game this season (7-0) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Villanova has won every game this season (5-0) when its three-point percentage has been 42.9 percent or better.
- Villanova has won 82 percent of the time this season (9-2) after committing 15 or fewer turnovers.
- Villanova has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record five or fewer steals.
- This season Villanova has won 80 percent of the time (8-2) when James Bell has 11 points or more.
- The Wildcats have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past seven games.
- Villanova has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- This is the first win of the season where the Wildcats came back after being down at halftime.
- Ryan Arcidiacono accounted for 35.7 percent of the team's points.
- Mouphtaou Yarou accounted for 39.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Ryan Arcidiacono has led the team in scoring in six out of 26 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 26 games this season.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 19th of his career.
- Mouphtaou Yarou had a career high with 16 rebounds.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Ryan Arcidiacono's career.
- JayVaughn Pinkston has four straight double-digit point games.
- JayVaughn Pinkston had a career high with seven offensive rebounds.
Connecticut Game Notes
- Shabazz Napier recorded a team season high in assists with 10.
- The top two scorers (Omar Calhoun and DeAndre Daniels) accounted for 47.5 percent of the points.
- Omar Calhoun has led the team in scoring five times and in rebounding three times in 24 games this season.
- Omar Calhoun has four straight double-digit point games.
- This game was the fourth double-digit assist game of Shabazz Napier's career.