Central Conn. 80
(10-14, 6-8 away)
Mount St. Mary's 89
(12-13, 8-2 home)
Venue: Knott Arena
11:30AM ET / 8:30AM PT, February 16, 2013
|Mount St. Mary's
||K Vinales 24
||B Peel 11
||K Vinales 5
|Mount St. Mary's
||R Whack 22
||J Norfleet 7
||S Wiggins 5
On Saturday, Feb. 16, Central Connecticut State forced only nine turnovers and took a home loss to Mount St. Mary's 89-80 in conference play. The Blue Devils are now 0-2 against Mount St. Mary's this season. Kyle Vinales put up a game-high 24 points and five assists in a losing effort. Terrell Allen had 11 points and added eight rebounds. Julian Norfleet finished with 21 points and seven rebounds for the Mountaineers. The next game will be on Thursday, Feb. 21 when Central Connecticut State (10-14, 6-7 NEC) travels to Bryant (16-7, 9-3 NEC).
Central Connecticut State Game Notes
- The last time CCSU started the season 10-14 was 2011.
- Central Connecticut State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after recording four or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 89 or more total points this season, Central Connecticut State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-4).
- When the opposition records 34 or more field goals made this season, Central Connecticut State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records six or more blocks this season, Central Connecticut State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- CCSU set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Blue Devils opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Kyle Vinales and Brandon Peel) accounted for 46.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Brandon Peel and Terrell Allen) accounted for 42.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Kyle Vinales has led the team in scoring in 16 out of 24 games this season.
- Brandon Peel has led the team in rebounding in six out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Kyle Vinales's career.
- Kyle Vinales has three straight double-digit point games.
- Matt Hunter has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Terrell Allen has four straight double-digit point games.
- Brandon Peel recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Brandon Peel recorded a double-double. It was the second of his career.
Mount St. Mary's Game Notes
- Rashad Whack recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 15.
- The top two scorers (Rashad Whack and Julian Norfleet) accounted for 48.3 percent of the points.
- Rashad Whack has led the team in scoring 10 times in 25 games this season.
- Julian Norfleet has led the team in rebounding three times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Julian Norfleet's career.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Rashad Whack's career.