Ohio won a nail-biter over Kent State 78-75 in overtime on Saturday, Feb. 16. With the win, the Bobcats stay unbeaten against Kent State this season at 2-0. Walter Offutt had an impressive game for the Bobcats and put up a team-high 17 points and four rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl). D.J Cooper also had a solid game, scoring 13 points and adding seven assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). Chris Evans registered a double-double for the Golden Flashes on a game-high 18 points and 14 rebounds. Ohio (19-6, 10-1 MAC) gets Eastern Michigan (12-13, 5-6 MAC) on their home court on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Ohio Game Notes
- The last time Ohio started the season 19-6 was 2011.
- The win over Kent State extended the Ohio winning streak to four games.
- Ohio has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Bobcats have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 8-7.
- The Bobcats have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Ohio is 32-31 in close games.
- The Bobcats have won every game this season (9-0) after recording 78 or more total points.
- Ohio has won every game this season (4-0) when opponents record zero or fewer blocks.
- This season Ohio has won 82 percent of the time (14-3) when Reggie Keely has 10 points or more, 81 percent of the time (13-3) when Walter Offutt has four field goals made or more, and 71 percent of the time (5-2) when D.J Cooper has three three-pointers or more.
- The Bobcats have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- Ohio has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--Ohio has a 18.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Walter Offutt has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- Reggie Keely has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- Walter Offutt has four straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for D.J Cooper.
- Reggie Keely has three straight double-digit point games.
- T.J. Hall had a career high with three three-pointers.
Kent State Game Notes
- The Golden Flashes have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Kent State is 39-24 in close games.
- Chris Evans recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Chris Evans and Kris Brewer) accounted for 42.6 percent of the points.
- Chris Evans accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Evans has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 17 times in 26 games this season.
- Chris Evans recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Chris Evans has five straight double-digit point games.
- Chris Evans recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and seventh of his career.
- Chris Evans set career highs with 14 rebounds and 11 defensive rebounds.
- Kris Brewer has four straight double-digit point games.
- Bryson Pope set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.