(21) Notre Dame 54
(20-6, 4-4 away)
(14-11, 11-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||J Cooley 12
||J Cooley 10
||J Grant 7
||K Batts 20
||V Council 11
||V Council 11
On an afternoon when they were outscored 24-3 by the Friars from beyond the three-point line, No. 21 Notre Dame was upset by Providence 71-54 in conference play. The Fighting Irish got a double-double out of Jack Cooley with a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds. Tom Knight had 11 points and added two rebounds. Vincent Council registered a double-double for the Friars with 11 rebounds and 11 assists. Notre Dame (20-6, 8-5 Big East) travels to 16th-ranked Pittsburgh (19-5, 7-4 Big East) on Monday, Feb. 18.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- The last time ND started the season 20-6 was 2006.
- Notre Dame has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 54 or fewer total points.
- The Fighting Irish have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 39.3 percent or worse.
- ND set season lows for three-pointers (one) and three-point percentage (7.1).
- The Fighting Irish have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past four games.
- Notre Dame has recorded fewer steals than their opponents for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Jack Cooley and Tom Knight) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 22 times in 26 games this season.
- Jack Cooley recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Cooley has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 18th this season and 31st of his career.
Providence Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kadeem Batts and Bryce Cotton) accounted for 54.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Vincent Council and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- This game was the 15th double-digit assist game of Vincent Council's career.
- Vincent Council recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 15th of his career.
- Vincent Council set career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- Kadeem Batts has three straight 20+ point games.
- Bryce Cotton has 13 straight double-digit point games.