(21) Notre Dame 54
(20-6, 4-4 away)
(14-11, 11-5 home)
Venue: Dunkin' Donuts Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||J Cooley 12
||J Cooley 10
||J Grant 7
||K Batts 20
||V Council 11
||V Council 11
On a day when they outscored the Fighting Irish 24-3 from behind the arc, Providence pulled off a stunner against No. 21 Notre Dame 71-54 in conference play. The Friars go to 2-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season with the win. Vincent Council secured a double-double in the Friars win including 11 rebounds and 11 assists. Bryce Cotton also had a strong outing, scoring 19 points and adding three rebounds. Jack Cooley recorded a double-double for the Fighting Irish on a team-high 12 points and 10 rebounds. Providence (14-11, 6-7 Big East) takes on sixth-ranked Syracuse (20-4, 8-3 Big East) on Wednesday, Feb. 20 on the road.
Providence Game Notes
- Providence started 14-11 during the 2010, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Notre Dame extended the Providence winning streak to four games.
- PC beat the spread by 15.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Friars have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, PC played 40 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 9-31.
- The Friars have won every game this season (4-0) after recording 20 or more assists.
- PC has won every game this season (7-0) when opponents record 54 or fewer total points.
- PC has won 92 percent of the time this season (11-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Providence has won 71 percent of the time (10-4) when LaDontae Henton has 13 points or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Kadeem Batts has 10 field goals made or more.
- The Friars have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--PC has a 9.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Kadeem Batts and Bryce Cotton) accounted for 54.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Vincent Council and LaDontae Henton) accounted for 44.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Kadeem Batts has led the team in scoring in eight out of 25 games this season.
- This game was the 15th double-digit assist game of Vincent Council's career.
- Vincent Council recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and 15th of his career.
- Vincent Council had career highs with 11 rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- This marks the eighth 20-point game of Kadeem Batts's career.
- Kadeem Batts has three straight 20+ point games.
- Bryce Cotton has 13 straight double-digit point games.
Notre Dame Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Jack Cooley and Tom Knight) accounted for 42.5 percent of the points.
- Jack Cooley accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Jack Cooley has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 22 times in 26 games this season.
- Jack Cooley recorded the 34th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jack Cooley has six straight double-digit point games.
- Jack Cooley recorded a double-double. It was his 18th this season and 31st of his career.