(18-7, 3-6 away)
North Carolina 93
(17-8, 13-2 home)
Venue: Dean E. Smith Center
12:00PM ET / 9:00AM PT, February 16, 2013
||J Harris 27
||A Mitchell 9
||J Anderson 5
||P Hairston 29
||J Michael McAdoo 10
||D Strickland 6
Virginia lost at home against North Carolina 93-81 in conference play on Saturday, Feb. 16. The Cavaliers even the season series against North Carolina at 1-1 with the loss. Joe Harris put up a career-high 27 points and two rebounds in a losing effort. Justin Anderson had eight points and added five assists. For the Tar Heels, P.J. Hairston got a career-high 29 points, including 6-of-12 shooting from three-point range. The next game will be on Tuesday, Feb. 19 when Virginia (18-7, 8-4 ACC) heads to third-ranked Miami (FL) (19-3, 11-0 ACC).
Virginia Game Notes
- The last time UVA started the season 18-7 was 2006.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 49.2 percent or better this season, Virginia has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 46.4 percent or better this season, Virginia has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- The Cavaliers set season highs for field goals made (31) and three-pointers (12).
- The last time UVA recorded at least 31 field goals made was Jan 04, 2011 against Howard.
- The Cavaliers have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past five games.
- Joe Harris recorded a team season high in points with 27 and field goals made with 10.
- Joe Harris accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Akil Mitchell accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Joe Harris has led the team in scoring in 17 out of 25 games this season.
- Akil Mitchell has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the ninth 20-point game of Joe Harris's career.
- Joe Harris has four straight 20+ point games.
- Joe Harris had career highs with 27 points and 10 field goals made.
North Carolina Game Notes
- P.J. Hairston recorded a team season high in points with 29 and three pointers attempted with 12.
- P.J. Hairston accounted for 31.1 percent of the team's points.
- James Michael McAdoo accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's rebounds.
- P.J. Hairston has led the team in scoring six times in 25 games this season.
- James Michael McAdoo has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Reggie Bullock has five straight double-digit point games.
- Reggie Bullock set a career high with four steals.
- James Michael McAdoo recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of P.J. Hairston's career.
- P.J. Hairston has four straight double-digit point games.