|Southern Utah||J Stevenett 17.4||J Cheesman 6.2||D Heuir 3.1|
|Eastern Washington||J Crosgile 14.7||V Jois 9.7||J Crosgile 5.5|
On Saturday, Eastern Washington plays host to Southern Utah at Reese Court. Tipoff is at 5:05 p.m. EST. The Eagles fell to the Thunderbirds 69-55 on Jan. 26.
Eastern Washington is in ninth place in the conference, Southern Utah is in third place.
The Eagles got past Northern Arizona 77-74 on Feb. 9 with the help of 19 points from Parker Kelly. He is putting up 8.4 points per game while also averaging 2.7 rebounds per game. For the Thunderbirds, Jackson Stevenett finished with 26 points and 6 rebounds in the 90-69 loss to Portland State on Feb. 14. His 17.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team. When considering the Four Factors, Southern Utah performs well in defensive rebounding percentage at 73.0 percent. This ranks second in the conference and 29th in the country.
Southern Utah StatSmack
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Eastern Washington currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (928 to 907) than Southern Utah, per the NCAA.
- Martin Seiferth is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in blocks.
- Venky Jois is ranked 1st in the Big Sky in rebounds and 49th nationally in blocks.
- Parker Kelly is ranked 6th in the Big Sky in three-pointers.
- Eastern Washington players are more experienced than Southern Utah players (11,933 minutes played vs. 10,332 minutes played).
- Eastern Washington has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (40.6 percent to 38.8 percent).
- Over the past 10 years, Eastern Washington has had more players drafted by the NBA than Southern Utah (one vs. zero).
- The Eastern Washington rebounding leader (Venky Jois, 204 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Southern Utah rebounding leader (Jayson Cheesman, 149 rebounds).
- Justin Crosgile is ranked 2nd in the Big Sky in three-pointers, 2nd in the Big Sky in assists, and 5th in the Big Sky in steals.