|St. Francis (PA)||U Shannon 11.9||E Brown 8.5||U Shannon 3.5|
|Quinnipiac||I Azotam 13.7||I Azotam 8.6||D Johnson 4.0|
Quinnipiac welcomes St. Francis (PA) to TD Bank Sports Center on Saturday. It gets started at 3 p.m. EST. The Bobcats defeated the Red Flash 75-66 on Jan. 17 and are 5-2 against them over the past four years.
Quinnipiac is currently in fifth place in the conference and St. Francis (PA) is in 11th.
In a 63-61 triumph over Robert Morris on Feb. 14, Evan Conti put up 18 points and 6 rebounds for the Bobcats. He tallies 8.1 points per game and also adds 4 rebounds per game. For the Red Flash, Earl Brown put up 13 points and 11 rebounds in the 64-60 win over Sacred Heart on Feb. 14. He leads the team in rebounds with 8.5 per game and blocks with 1 per game.
There are two key statistical areas where Quinnipiac has an advantage. With the edge in rebounding (41 per game to 30 per game), the Bobcats should find themselves in a good position on offense. Quinnipiac also has an advantage in scoring, 70 points per game to 61 points per game.
St. Francis (PA) StatSmack
- Quinnipiac has come back to win after being down at half against St. Francis six times since 2000.
- Quinnipiac is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Quinnipiac is 199 lbs compared to 187 lbs for St. Francis.
- The Quinnipiac rebounding leader (Ike Azotam, 196 rebounds) has more rebounds than the St. Francis rebounding leader (Earl Brown, 168 rebounds).
- A for effort, but Quinnipiac has emerged victorious against St. Francis the last two times they've played.
- The Quinnipiac blocks leader (Ousmane Drame, 26 blocks) has more blocks than the St. Francis blocks leader (Earl Brown, 19 blocks).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Quinnipiac currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 949) than St. Francis, per the NCAA.
- The Quinnipiac scoring leader (Ike Azotam, 319 points) has more points than the St. Francis scoring leader (Umar Shannon, 245 points).
- Quinnipiac has a better record at home than St. Francis this season (5-6 vs. 1-10).
- Quinnipiac is ranked higher than St. Francis in the NEC (No. 6 vs. No. 11).
- Quinnipiac has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Francis (103 vs. 40).
- Quinnipiac has an average margin of victory of 11 over St. Francis in 19 wins since 1997.
|D||James Ford Jr||8||3||1||0||0||0||0|