UCLA vs. Stanford: Full Game Preview
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.2||K Anderson 8.7||L Drew II 7.7|
|Stanford||D Powell 15.2||J Huestis 9.3||A Bright 3.2|
UCLA travels to Maples Pavilion on Saturday to take on Stanford. Tipoff occurs at 4 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Bruins beat the Cardinal 68-60 on Jan. 5 and are 7-2 against them over the last four years.
Stanford is in eigth place in the conference and UCLA is in second place.
In their last outing, despite 15 points from Jordan Adams, the Bruins fell to California 76-63 on Feb. 14. He is averaging 14.7 points and 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Cardinal, Dwight Powell put up 17 points and 17 rebounds in the 65-64 loss to USC on Feb. 14. His 15.2 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
- UCLA has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Stanford (15 vs. four).
- Over the past 10 years, UCLA has had more players drafted by the NBA than Stanford (13 vs. four).
- UCLA has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Stanford (three vs. zero).
- UCLA has more wins over the last 5 years than Stanford (135 vs. 118).
- Jordan Adams is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in points and 48th nationally in steals.
- UCLA has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Stanford ($27,210 vs. $53,000).
- A for effort, but UCLA has emerged victorious against Stanford the last two times they've played.
- UCLA is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UCLA is 78.9 inches compared to 77.6 inches for Stanford.
- Shabazz Muhammad is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in points.
- Boom! UCLA defeated Stanford by 8 points the last time they played (Jan 05, 2013).
- That must sting. UCLA has blown out Stanford by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2005.
|B||Larry Drew II||35||7||3||8||1||0||2|