|Purdue||T Johnson 13.0||A Hammons 6.7||R Johnson 3.8|
|Indiana||C Zeller 16.5||C Zeller 8.2||K Ferrell 4.3|
On Saturday, Purdue travels to Assembly Hall (IN) to take on No. 1 Indiana. Tipoff is at 2 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Boilermakers lost to the Hoosiers 97-60 on Jan. 30 and are 5-3 against them over the last four years.
Purdue maintains seventh place in the Big Ten while Indiana is in first place.
The Boilermakers were defeated by Illinois 79-59 on Feb. 13 despite 18 points from Terone Johnson. With 13 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Hoosiers, Cody Zeller finished with 16 points and 5 rebounds in the 76-47 blowout of Nebraska on Feb. 13. He leads the team in points with 16.5 per game, rebounds with 8.2 per game, and blocks with 1.3 per game.
Indiana has a statistical edge over Purdue in two key areas. The Hoosiers have an advantage over the Boilermakers when it comes to scoring, 82 points per game to 64 points per game. In addition, Indiana has the edge in field goal percentage, 50 percent to 41 percent.
However, the Boilermakers have an advantage in blocked shots, where they lead the Hoosiers, 4 per game to 3 per game. Areas of strength for Indiana include: free throw rate at 49.0 percent, effective field goal percentage at 57.0 percent, and offensive rebounding percentage at 39.9 percent.
- D.J. Byrd is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in three-pointers.
- Purdue has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (69.9 percent to 49.4 percent).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Purdue currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (995 to 952) than Indiana, per the NCAA.
- Purdue has an average margin of victory of 9 over Indiana in 28 wins since 1980.
- Purdue has more wins over the last 5 years than Indiana (141 vs. 101).
- Purdue has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Indiana (No. 75 vs. No. 99).
- The Purdue blocks leader (A.J. Hammons, 52 blocks) has more blocks than the Indiana blocks leader (Cody Zeller, 31 blocks).
- Ronnie Johnson is ranked 6th in the Big Ten in assists.
- Purdue has come back to win after being down at half against Indiana three times since 1997.
- Over the past 10 years, Purdue has had more players drafted by the NBA than Indiana (four vs. three).