|Virginia Tech||E Green 25.2||C Raines 6.7||E Green 3.9|
|NC State||C Leslie 15.6||R Howell 10.8||L Brown 6.7|
On Saturday, NC State plays host to Virginia Tech at PNC Arena. The game tips off at 2 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN 2. The Wolfpack are 1-4 against the Hokies over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 4, 2012) they won 70-58.
NC State is in fourth place in the conference, Virginia Tech is in 12th place.
In their last outing, behind 16 points and 11 rebounds from Richard Howell, the Wolfpack defeated Clemson 58-57 on Feb. 10. He tallies 13.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 10.8 rebounds per game. The Hokies were defeated by Virginia 73-55 on Feb. 12 despite 22 points and 5 rebounds from Erick Green. He contributes a team-leading 25.2 points per game, 3.9 assists per game, and 1.4 steals per game.
NC State appears to have a key statistical advantage over Virginia Tech in one area, scoring, where the Wolfpack have an edge over the Hokies, 78 points per game to 70 points per game.
Virginia Tech StatSmack
- The NC State rebounding leader (Richard Howell, 260 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Virginia Tech rebounding leader (Cadarian Raines, 161 rebounds).
- NC State has a potent offense, scoring more points (78.0 per game vs. 70.8 per game) than Virginia Tech this season.
- NC State has an average margin of victory of 13 over Virginia Tech in seven wins since 1983.
- Diaper Dandies love NC State. NC State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Virginia Tech (15 vs. 1).
- NC State has a better conference record than Virginia Tech this season (6-5 vs. 2-9).
- NC State has a better record at home than Virginia Tech this season (12-1 vs. 8-6).
- NC State waxed Virginia Tech by 12 points the last time they played (Mar 04, 2012).
- NC State has a stronger schedule than Virginia Tech this season (SOS Rank: No. 7 vs. No. 88).
- NC State is a better three-point shooting team (40.1 percent vs. 31.8 percent) than Virginia Tech this season.
- NC State has a better record in close games than Virginia Tech this season (5-4 vs. 3-6).
- Since 1998, NC State has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Virginia Tech (15 vs. one).
|D+||J. van Zegeren||16||4||3||0||0||1||1|
|D+||Thomas de Thaey||9||5||2||0||0||0||0|