|TCU||K Anderson 11.3||A McKinney 6.6||K Anderson 3.0|
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 15.0||M Ejim 9.7||K Lucious 5.8|
On Saturday, TCU travels to James H. Hilton Coliseum to take on Iowa State. It takes place at 1:45 p.m. EST and you can see it on Big 12 Network. The Horned Frogs fell to the Cyclones 63-50 on Jan. 19.
TCU is currently in 10th place in the conference and Iowa State is in sixth.
In spite of 12 points and 9 rebounds from Devonta Abron, the Horned Frogs came up short 75-48 against Oklahoma on Feb. 11. He tallies 6.6 points per game in addition to a team-best 0.8 blocks per game. The Cyclones were defeated by Texas 89-86 on Feb. 13 despite 20 points and 16 rebounds from Melvin Ejim. He averages 10.7 points per game in addition to a team-best 9.7 rebounds per game.
Comparing team stats, Iowa State looks to have an edge in three significant categories. The Cyclones have an advantage over the Horned Frogs in assists, with an average of 16 per game to 9 per game. In addition, Iowa State has the edge in scoring, 78 points per game to 54 points per game. Finally, the Cyclones have the edge in rebounding as well, 39 per game to 32 per game. A key area of strength for Iowa State is effective field goal percentage at 52.6 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and 43rd nationally).
Iowa State StatSmack
- The TCU blocks leader (Devonta Abron, 18 blocks) has more blocks than the Iowa State blocks leader (Percy Gibson, 17 blocks).
- Adrick McKinney is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in rebounds.
- TCU has a better scoring defense (59.2 allowed per game vs. 68.8 allowed per game) than Iowa State this season.
- The TCU steals leader (Kyan Anderson, 34 steals) has more steals than the Iowa State steals leader (Tyrus McGee, 31 steals).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? TCU currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (948 to 943) than Iowa State, per the NCAA.
- Kyan Anderson is ranked 8th in the Big 12 in assists and 5th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The TCU basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Iowa State (93 percent vs. 35 percent).
- TCU has an average margin of victory of 14 over Iowa State in four wins since 1981.
|D+||N. Butler Lind||27||5||2||2||1||1||2|
|D||C. Hill Jr.||18||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|