|Oklahoma||R Osby 13.8||R Osby 6.6||S Grooms 2.4|
|Oklahoma State||M Brown 15.8||P Jurick 6.8||M Smart 4.5|
Oklahoma visits Gallagher-Iba Arena on Saturday to take on No. 17 Oklahoma State. It starts at 1:30 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Big 12 Network. The Sooners beat the Cowboys 77-68 on Jan. 12 and are 6-5 against them over the last four years.
Oklahoma is in fourth place in the Big 12 and Oklahoma State is in first. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In a 75-48 beatdown of TCU on Feb. 11, Amath M`Baye put up 12 points for the Sooners. He contributes 5.5 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.5 points per game. In a 91-67 blowout of Texas Tech on Feb. 13, Markel Brown put up 25 points for the Cowboys. His 15.8 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Oklahoma State StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love Oklahoma. Oklahoma has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Oklahoma State (7 vs. 5).
- Boom! Oklahoma defeated Oklahoma State by 9 points the last time they played (Jan 12, 2013).
- Steven Pledger is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- AP voters think more highly of Oklahoma and ranked them in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Oklahoma State (91 vs. 65).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Oklahoma currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (956 to 928) than Oklahoma State, per the NCAA.
- Oklahoma State has to pay up to win. The coach for Oklahoma has a much lower base salary than Oklahoma State ($1,683,333 vs. $1,800,000).
- Buddy Hield is ranked 10th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Oklahoma has come back to win after being down at half against Oklahoma State five times since 1999.
- Oklahoma has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (69.9 percent to 63.4 percent).
- Oklahoma players are more experienced than Oklahoma State players (16,401 minutes played vs. 10,787 minutes played).