Rutgers vs. DePaul: Full Game Preview
|Rutgers||E Carter 15.4||W Judge 5.7||D Miller 2.6|
|DePaul||B Young 16.7||C Melvin 7.4||B Young 4.5|
Rutgers heads to Allstate Arena on Saturday to take on DePaul. Tipoff occurs at 1 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Scarlet Knights are 4-1 against the Blue Demons over the last four years. They lost 69-64 the last time they played (Jan. 25, 2012).
DePaul is holding down the 14th spot in the Big East, right behind Rutgers in 12th place.
In a 57-55 win over Seton Hall on Feb. 12, Eli Carter put up 14 points for the Scarlet Knights. With 15.4 points per game, he leads the team in scoring average. For the Blue Demons, Brandon Young put up 20 points and 6 assists in the 82-78 loss to Notre Dame on Feb. 13. He contributes a team-leading 16.7 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, and 1.7 steals per game.
Reviewing current performance metrics, DePaul has an edge in one significant category, scoring, where the Blue Demons have the upper hand over the Scarlet Knights, 73 points per game to 66 points per game.
- Rutgers has a stronger schedule than DePaul this season (SOS Rank: No. 22 vs. No. 113).
- Myles Mack is ranked 9th in the Big East in three-pointers and 7th in the Big East in steals.
- Rutgers has a much better overall winning percentage over the last five years (45.0 percent to 30.7 percent).
- Rutgers has an average margin of victory of 9 over DePaul in five wins since 2005.
- It's only wins and losses, but Rutgers has a better overall record than DePaul this season (13-10 vs. 10-14).
- Rutgers has a better record in close games than DePaul this season (6-2 vs. 2-5).
- Rutgers allows fewer rebounds (33.3 allowed per game vs. 39.2 allowed per game) than DePaul this season.
- Even computers respect Rutgers more. Rutgers has a better RPI this season than DePaul (RPI: No. 67 vs. No. 186).
- Rutgers has a better record at home than DePaul this season (9-5 vs. 6-7).
- Rutgers has a better scoring defense (66.5 allowed per game vs. 73.8 allowed per game) than DePaul this season.
|D||D. Robertson Jr.||14||2||3||0||0||1||1|