|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.5||M Yarou 6.8||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
|Connecticut||S Napier 16.9||D Daniels 5.0||S Napier 4.4|
Villanova meets Connecticut on Saturday. Tipoff occurs at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN. The Wildcats are 0-4 against the Huskies over the last four years. They fell 73-70 on Feb. 20, 2012, the last time they met.
Connecticut is in seventh place in the conference and Villanova is in 10th place.
In their last matchup on Feb. 12, JayVaughn Pinkston put up 12 points and 8 rebounds for the Wildcats in a loss to Cincinnati, 68-50. His 12.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team. For the Huskies, Ryan Boatright put up 17 points in the 66-58 win over Syracuse on Feb. 13. He contributes 4.3 assists per game in addition to his 15.9 points per game.
- Villanova has a much better NCSA Power Ranking than Connecticut (No. 26 vs. No. 72).
- Diaper Dandies love Villanova. Villanova has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Connecticut (12 vs. 10).
- Villanova has an average margin of victory of 8 over Connecticut in 30 wins since 1980.
- The Villanova rebounding leader (Mouphtaou Yarou, 169 rebounds) has more rebounds than the Connecticut rebounding leader (DeAndre Daniels, 114 rebounds).
- The Villanova basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Connecticut (100 percent vs. 31 percent).
- Mouphtaou Yarou is ranked 7th in the Big East in rebounds.
- Ryan Arcidiacono is ranked 6th in the Big East in three-pointers.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Villanova currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (978 to 889) than Connecticut, per the NCAA.
- The Villanova blocks leader (Maurice Sutton, 28 blocks) has more blocks than the Connecticut blocks leader (DeAndre Daniels, 27 blocks).
- Villanova has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Connecticut according to Kiplinger (82.1 percent vs. 61 percent).
- Villanova is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Villanova is 220 lbs compared to 200 lbs for Connecticut.