|Villanova||J Pinkston 12.5||M Yarou 6.8||R Arcidiacono 3.4|
|Connecticut||S Napier 16.9||D Daniels 5.0||S Napier 4.4|
Connecticut takes on Villanova on Saturday. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN. The Huskies are 4-0 against the Wildcats over the last four years. The last time they played they won 73-70 on Feb. 20, 2012.
Villanova is in 10th place in the Big East and Connecticut is in seventh place.
In their last outing, behind 17 points from Ryan Boatright, the Huskies defeated Syracuse 66-58 on Feb. 13. He is putting up 15.9 points per game while also averaging 4.3 assists per game. For the Wildcats, JayVaughn Pinkston put up 12 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-50 loss to Cincinnati on Feb. 12. His 12.5 points per game is the highest mark on the team. Villanova will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: free throw rate at 50.3 percent and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.1 percent.
- Connecticut has more wins over the last 5 years than Villanova (142 vs. 126).
- Connecticut is better at defending the three (30.3 percent allowed vs. 35.9 percent allowed) than Villanova this season.
- Over the past 10 years, Connecticut has had more players drafted by the NBA than Villanova (14 vs. three).
- A for effort, but Connecticut has emerged victorious against Villanova the last four times they've played.
- Connecticut has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Villanova (two vs. zero).
- Since 1998, Connecticut has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Villanova (21 vs. 13).
- Connecticut has a stronger schedule than Villanova this season (SOS Rank: No. 17 vs. No. 35).
- It's only wins and losses, but Connecticut has a better overall record than Villanova this season (17-6 vs. 15-10).
- Connecticut is better under pressure, and has defeated Villanova in six out of the last nine games decided by five points or fewer.
- Connecticut has a much lower in-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Villanova ($21,998 vs. $51,520).
- Connecticut has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Villanova (three vs. one).