|Notre Dame||J Cooley 14.7||J Cooley 11.2||E Atkins 6.1|
|Providence||B Cotton 20.5||L Henton 8.0||V Council 7.1|
On Saturday, No. 21 Notre Dame heads to Dunkin' Donuts Center to take on Providence. Tipoff is at 12 p.m. EST and you can catch it on Cox, SNY, Big East, MASN. The Fighting Irish are 4-0 against the Friars over the last four years. The last time they met (Mar. 2, 2012) they won 75-69.
Notre Dame is in fourth place in the conference, Providence is in 11th place.
The Fighting Irish got past DePaul 82-78 on Feb. 13 with the help of 21 points and 5 rebounds from Jerian Grant. He tallies 13.3 points per game and also adds 5.7 assists per game. For the Friars, Kadeem Batts put up 24 points and 6 rebounds in the 76-66 win over South Florida on Feb. 13. He contributes 7 rebounds per game in addition to his 14.7 points per game.
- Jerian Grant is ranked 23rd nationally in assists.
- Obviously, AP Voters agree that Notre Dame is superior to Providence (Latest AP Poll: No. 21 vs. Not Ranked).
- Notre Dame has a much better NCSA Academic Ranking than Providence (No. 20 vs. No. 102).
- Notre Dame is a better three-point shooting team (38.6 percent vs. 32.8 percent) than Providence this season.
- Eric Atkins is ranked 13th nationally in assists and 8th in the Big East in steals.
- Since 1998, Notre Dame has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Providence (six vs. two).
- Notre Dame has an average margin of victory of 8 over Providence in 16 wins since 1984.
- Notre Dame is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Notre Dame is 79.0 inches compared to 77.4 inches for Providence.
- Notre Dame has come back to win after being down at half against Providence four times since 1996.
- Notre Dame has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (29 percent vs. 60 percent).