Kent State vs. Ohio: Full Game Preview
|Kent State||C Evans 17.0||C Evans 7.3||R Holt 2.5|
|Ohio||D Cooper 13.7||I Baltic 5.3||D Cooper 7.7|
Ohio plays host to Kent State at Convocation Center (OH) on Saturday. Tipoff is at 11 a.m. EST and you can see it on ESPN U. The Bobcats defeated the Golden Flashes 69-68 on Jan. 26 and are 5-5 against them over the past four years.
Ohio is currently in second place in the conference and Kent State is in fifth.
In their last matchup on Feb. 13, Walter Offutt put up 17 points and 8 rebounds as the Bobcats ran it up on Central Michigan 82-63. He is putting up 11.4 points per game while also averaging 3.8 rebounds per game. For the Golden Flashes, Chris Evans finished with 22 points and 13 rebounds in the 87-70 blowout of Miami (OH) on Feb. 13. He contributes a team-leading 17 points per game, 7.3 rebounds per game, and 2 steals per game.
Ohio appears to have a key statistical advantage over Kent State in one area, assists, where the Bobcats have an edge over the Golden Flashes, 18 per game to 11 per game. Kent State can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: free throw rate at 45.1 percent and turnover percentage at 19.3 percent.
Kent State StatSmack
- Ohio has a better conference record than Kent State this season (8-1 vs. 5-6).
- The Ohio assist leader (D.J Cooper, 182 assists) has more assists than the Kent State assist leader (Randal Holt, 62 assists).
- Ohio has an average margin of victory of 8 over Kent State in 41 wins since 1980.
- Boom! Ohio defeated Kent State by 1 point the last time they played (Jan 26, 2013).
- Ohio has come back to win after being down at half against Kent State three times since 2000.
- Ohio is ranked higher than Kent State in the MAC (No. 2 vs. No. 5).
- The Ohio basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Kent State (87 percent vs. 47 percent).
- Nick Kellogg is ranked 9th in the MAC in three-pointers.
- That must sting. Ohio has blown out Kent State by 20 points or more on three occasions since 1996.
- Ivo Baltic is ranked 10th in the MAC in steals.
|D||E. Morris Jr.||5||1||1||0||0||0||0|