(15-11, 6-8 away)
(7-19, 4-8 home)
Venue: McCann Field House
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, February 15, 2013
||J Green 20
||T McCall 9
||T McCall 2
||A Kemp 17
||C Lewis 7
||C Lewis 4
Niagara squared off with Marist on Friday, Feb. 15 and just barely got by the Red Foxes 57-54 in conference action. The Purple Eagles stay unbeaten against Marist this season at 2-0. The Purple Eagles were led by Juan`ya Green, who got a game-high 20 points and eight rebounds. Tahjere McCall had eight points and added nine rebounds. For the Red Foxes, Adam Kemp finished with a team-high 17 points and five rebounds. Niagara (15-11, 11-4 MAAC) takes on Manhattan (10-15, 8-7 MAAC) on Sunday, Feb. 17 on the road.
Niagara Game Notes
- Niagara started 15-11 during the 2006, 2002, 1999, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Purple Eagles have won eight close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Niagara is 33-27 in close games.
- The Purple Eagles have won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after recording 11 or more steals.
- NU has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent three-point percentage.
- NU has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when opponents record 32 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Niagara has won 71 percent of the time (5-2) when Ameen Tanksley has eight rebounds or more.
- NU set season lows for free throws made (seven) and total points (57).
- Niagara has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past five games.
- Juan`ya Green accounted for 35.0 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Tahjere McCall and Juan`ya Green) accounted for 42.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Juan`ya Green has led the team in scoring in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Tahjere McCall has led the team in rebounding in four out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Juan`ya Green's career.
- Juan`ya Green had a career high with seven defensive rebounds.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Ameen Tanksley.
Marist Game Notes
- The Red Foxes have lost five times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Marist is 15-22 in close games.
- Adam Kemp accounted for 31.4 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chavaughn Lewis and Jay Bowie) accounted for 40.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Adam Kemp has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Chavaughn Lewis has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Adam Kemp has four straight double-digit point games.
- Chavaughn Lewis has six straight double-digit point games.