No. 15 Georgetown squared off with Cincinnati on Friday, Feb. 15 and got a win on the road against the Bearcats 62-55 in Big East play. Otto Porter put on a show for the Hoyas and put up 16 points and seven rebounds. Markel Starks had a game-high 17 points (3 Ast 3 Stl). Justin Jackson finished with five points and eight rebounds for the Bearcats. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when Georgetown (19-4, 9-3 Big East) hosts DePaul (10-14, 1-10 Big East).
Georgetown Game Notes
- The last time GTOWN started the season 19-4 was 2000.
- The win over Cincinnati extended the Georgetown winning streak to seven games.
- GTOWN beat the spread by 11 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Hoyas have beaten the spread.
- Georgetown has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 16.7 percent three-point percentage.
- GTOWN has won every game this season (11-0) when opponents record 10 or fewer assists.
- This season Georgetown has won 92 percent of the time (12-1) when Otto Porter has 16 points or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Markel Starks plays 36 minutes or more, and 80 percent of the time (4-1) when D`Vauntes Smith-Rivera has five field goals made or more.
- The Hoyas have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- The top two scorers (Markel Starks and Otto Porter) accounted for 53.2 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Otto Porter and Nate Lubick) accounted for 43.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Markel Starks has led the team in scoring in six out of 23 games this season.
- Otto Porter has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 23 games this season.
- Markel Starks has six straight double-digit point games.
- Otto Porter has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Mikael Hopkins.
Cincinnati Game Notes
- The top two scorers (JaQuon Parker and Cashmere Wright) accounted for 49.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Justin Jackson and Cheikh Mbodj) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- JaQuon Parker has led the team in scoring four times in 26 games this season.
- Justin Jackson has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Sean Kilpatrick has 11 straight double-digit point games.
- Justin Jackson set a career high with five offensive rebounds.