(15-11, 5-8 away)
(10-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: Draddy Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 15, 2013
||L Jones 17
||T Ridley 16
||D Gomez 5
||R Brown 21
||R Brown 17
||E Andujar 5
Iona lost a close one to Manhattan 74-73 in double overtime on Friday, Feb. 15. With the loss, the Gaels even the season series against Manhattan at 1-1. Taaj Ridley earned a double-double for the Gaels including 12 points and 16 rebounds. Sean Armand also had a solid game, scoring 16 points and adding six rebounds. Rhamel Brown got a double-double for the Jaspers on a game-high 21 points and 17 rebounds. Next up for Iona (15-11, 9-6 MAAC) is Fairfield (16-11, 8-7 MAAC) on Monday, Feb. 18 on the road.
Iona Game Notes
- Iona has played in five overtime games this season. Over the last five seasons, the Gaels have played in 15 overtime games with a record of 7-8.
- The Gaels have been unlucky nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 25-37 in close games.
- The Gaels have lost 75 percent of the time this season (1-3) after having a field goal percentage of 38.5 percent or worse.
- Iona has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after recording 11 or fewer assists.
- This is the seventh loss of the season where the Gaels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Lamont Jones and David Laury) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Taaj Ridley accounted for 47.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring in 18 out of 26 games this season.
- Taaj Ridley has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- Lamont Jones has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Lamont Jones.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Sean Armand.
- Taaj Ridley recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Taaj Ridley recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Taaj Ridley had career highs with 16 rebounds, five offensive rebounds, and 11 defensive rebounds.
Manhattan Game Notes
- The Jaspers won this one, but have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Manhattan is 23-33 in close games.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and offensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Rhamel Brown and Emmy Andujar) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 34.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Rhamel Brown's career.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 12th of his career.
- Rhamel Brown set career highs with nine field goals made, 17 rebounds, 10 offensive rebounds, and seven blocks.
- Emmy Andujar set a career high with seven field goals made.
- Donovan Kates has four straight double-digit point games.