(15-11, 5-8 away)
(10-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: Draddy Gymnasium
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 15, 2013
||L Jones 17
||T Ridley 16
||D Gomez 5
||R Brown 21
||R Brown 17
||E Andujar 5
Manhattan squared off with Iona on Friday, Feb. 15 and won a nail-biter over the Gaels 74-73 in double overtime. The Jaspers tie the season series against Iona at 1-1 with the win. Rhamel Brown earned a double-double in the Jaspers win with a game-high 21 points and 17 rebounds. Emmy Andujar had 15 points and added five rebounds. Taaj Ridley recorded a double-double for the Gaels on 12 points and 16 rebounds. Next up for Manhattan (10-15, 8-7 MAAC) is Niagara (14-11, 10-4 MAAC) on Sunday, Feb. 17 at home.
Manhattan Game Notes
- Manhattan started 10-15 during the 2007 and 1997 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Iona extended the Manhattan winning streak to four games.
- Manhattan beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Jaspers have beaten the spread.
- Manhattan has played in one overtime game this season. Over the last five seasons, the Jaspers have played in seven overtime games with a record of 2-5.
- The Jaspers have won two close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Manhattan is 23-33 in close games.
- Manhattan has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) after holding an opponent to under 38.5 percent field goal percentage.
- The Jaspers set season highs for blocks (eight), field goals made (28), and rebounds (50).
- The last time Manhattan recorded at least 50 rebounds was Jan 05, 2009 against Canisius.
- Manhattan set a season low for steals (three).
- This is the second win of the season where the Jaspers came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the ninth game at home this season--Manhattan has a 4.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and offensive rebounds with 10.
- The top two scorers (Rhamel Brown and Emmy Andujar) accounted for 48.6 percent of the points.
- Rhamel Brown accounted for 34.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Rhamel Brown has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 15 times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Rhamel Brown's career.
- Rhamel Brown recorded a double-double. It was his fifth this season and 12th of his career.
- Rhamel Brown had career highs with nine field goals made, 17 rebounds, 10 offensive rebounds, and seven blocks.
- Emmy Andujar had a career high with seven field goals made.
- Donovan Kates has four straight double-digit point games.
Iona Game Notes
- The Gaels have lost nine times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Iona is 25-37 in close games.
- The top two scorers (Lamont Jones and David Laury) accounted for 45.2 percent of the points.
- Taaj Ridley accounted for 47.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Lamont Jones has led the team in scoring 18 times in 26 games this season.
- Taaj Ridley has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- Lamont Jones has nine straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Lamont Jones.
- This was the fifth foul out of the season for Sean Armand.
- Taaj Ridley recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Taaj Ridley recorded a double-double. It was his second this season and fourth of his career.
- Taaj Ridley set career highs with 16 rebounds, five offensive rebounds, and 11 defensive rebounds.