(10-11, 5-6 away)
(9-12, 6-2 home)
Venue: Pizzitola Sports Center
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 15, 2013
||S Frankoski 20
||A Rosenberg 6
||I Cohen 5
||M Sullivan 27
||C Kuakumensah 7
||T Ponticelli 4
On Friday, Feb. 15, Brown took on Columbia and held on to beat the Lions 58-55 in conference play. It looked like Brown might let this one get away, down 31-20 at the half, but they put together a good second half to put Columbia away at the end. Matt Sullivan played well for the Bears and put up a career-high 27 points (5 Stl 3 Ast), sinking 6 of 9 from three-point range. Cedric Kuakumensah had a season-high 19 points and added seven rebounds. For the Lions, Isaac Cohen got four points and five assists. Brown (9-12, 3-4 Ivy) gets Cornell (12-12, 4-3 Ivy) on their home court on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Brown Game Notes
- Brown started 9-12 during the 2010 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Brown beat the spread by seven points. That makes the 6th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- The Bears have won four close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, Brown is 18-22 in close games.
- Brown has won 78 percent of the time this season (7-2) when its three-point percentage has been 36.8 percent or better.
- Brown has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 55 or fewer total points.
- Brown set a season low for rebounds (25).
- Brown has been outshot by their opponents in three-point percentage for the past six games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Bears came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the eighth game at home this season--Brown has a 7.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matt Sullivan accounted for 46.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Cedric Kuakumensah and Sean McGonagill) accounted for 48.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Matt Sullivan has led the team in scoring in nine out of 21 games this season.
- Cedric Kuakumensah has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the sixth 20-point game of Matt Sullivan's career.
- Matt Sullivan had career highs with 27 points, six three-pointers, and five steals.
Columbia Game Notes
- The Lions have lost six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Columbia is 20-28 in close games.
- Steve Frankoski accounted for 36.3 percent of the team's points.
- Steve Frankoski has led the team in scoring five times in 21 games this season.
- Alex Rosenberg has led the team in rebounding five times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the fourth 20-point game of Steve Frankoski's career.