(5-18, 1-12 away)
(14-7, 10-1 home)
Venue: Lavietes Pavilion
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 15, 2013
||D Nelson-Henry 14
||C Gunter 9
||M Cartwright 4
||W Saunders 23
||K Smith 9
||W Saunders 5
Harvard squared off with Pennsylvania on Friday, Feb. 15 and easily defeated the Quakers 73-54 in Ivy action. Kenyatta Smith picked up a double-double for the Crimson including a career-high 20 points and 10 blocks. Wesley Saunders had a game-high 23 points and added five assists (4 Reb 3 Stl). For the Quakers, Miles Cartwright finished with eight points. Harvard (14-7, 6-1 Ivy) hosts Princeton (11-8, 4-1 Ivy) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Harvard Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 4:55 left to go.
- Harvard beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Crimson have beaten the spread.
- Harvard has won every game this season (8-0) when its field goal percentage has been 52.3 percent or better.
- The Crimson have won 89 percent of the time this season (8-1) after recording 73 or more total points.
- Harvard has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record 22 or fewer field goals made.
- This season Harvard has won 71 percent of the time (12-5) when Laurent Rivard plays 30 minutes or more and 75 percent of the time (6-2) when Wesley Saunders has five assists or more.
- The Crimson set a season high for blocks (15).
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Harvard has a 11.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Kenyatta Smith recorded a team season high in blocks with 10.
- Wesley Saunders accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kenyatta Smith and Steve Moundou-Missi) accounted for 45.7 percent of the rebounds.
- Wesley Saunders has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 21 games this season.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Wesley Saunders's career.
- Wesley Saunders has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Kenyatta Smith's career.
- Kenyatta Smith recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
Pennsylvania Game Notes
- Cameron Gunter recorded a team season high in offensive rebounds with seven.
- The top two scorers (Darien Nelson-Henry and Cameron Gunter) accounted for 44.4 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Cameron Gunter and Greg Louis) accounted for 41.1 percent of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (11).
- The bench recorded more points (33) than the starters (21).
- Darien Nelson-Henry has led the team in scoring three times in 23 games this season.
- This was the seventh foul out of the season for Henry Brooks.