Stony Brook blew out Vermont 65-48 in America East play on Friday, Feb. 15. The Seawolves even the season series against Vermont at 1-1 with the win. The Seawolves were led by Tommy Brenton, who put up 13 points and six rebounds. Jameel Warney played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. For the Catamounts, Luke Apfeld got 12 points and five rebounds. Stony Brook (19-6, 10-2 America East) hosts Maryland-Baltimore County (6-19, 4-8 America East) on Tuesday, Feb. 19.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:39 left to go.
- Stony Brook has won every game this season (7-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.0 percent or better.
- The Seawolves have won 90 percent of the time this season (9-1) after recording seven or more three-pointers.
- STKNY has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 48 or fewer total points.
- STKNY has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 26.3 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Stony Brook has won 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Jameel Warney has 12 points or more and 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Tommy Brenton plays 33 minutes or more.
- The top two scorers (Marcus Rouse and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jameel Warney and Anthony Jackson) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Rouse has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 25 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton had a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Jameel Warney recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jameel Warney recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Marcus Rouse had a career high with four three-pointers.
Vermont Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Sandro Carissimo and Luke Apfeld) accounted for 54.1 percent of the points.
- Sandro Carissimo has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding 18 times in 25 games this season.
- Trey Blue has three straight double-digit point games.