On Friday, Feb. 15, Vermont was thumped by Stony Brook 65-48 in conference play. The loss evens the season series between the two teams at 1-1. The Catamounts got 12 points and five rebounds from Luke Apfeld. Sandro Carissimo had a team-high 14 points and added four assists. For the Seawolves, Tommy Brenton finished with 13 points and six rebounds. Vermont (16-9, 9-4 America East) gets Maine (10-15, 5-7 America East) on their home court on Wednesday, Feb. 20.
Vermont Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:39 left to go.
- The last time UVM started the season 16-9 was 1997.
- The Catamounts have lost 83 percent of the time this season (1-5) after having a field goal percentage of 36.7 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 65 or more total points this season, Vermont has lost 75 percent of the time (2-6).
- UVM set season lows for free throws made (seven), steals (four), and total points (48).
- Vermont has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- The top two scorers (Sandro Carissimo and Luke Apfeld) accounted for 54.1 percent of the points.
- Sandro Carissimo has led the team in scoring in three out of 25 games this season.
- Brian Voelkel has led the team in rebounding in 18 out of 25 games this season.
- Trey Blue has three straight double-digit point games.
Stony Brook Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marcus Rouse and Tommy Brenton) accounted for 44.6 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jameel Warney and Anthony Jackson) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Marcus Rouse has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Jameel Warney has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Tommy Brenton set a career high with a 100 percent field goal percentage.
- Jameel Warney recorded the seventh double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jameel Warney recorded a double-double. It was the fifth of his career.
- Marcus Rouse set a career high with four three-pointers.