Yale lost in front of the home crowd against Cornell 68-61 in conference play on Friday, Feb. 15. The Bulldogs were led by Justin Sears, who put up a team-high 13 points and two rebounds. Javier Duren had seven points and added seven assists. Johnathan Gray finished with 18 points and four rebounds for the Big Red. Yale (9-15, 3-4 Ivy) welcomes Columbia (10-10, 2-4 Ivy) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Yale Game Notes
- Yale started 9-15 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- Yale has lost 90 percent of the time this season (1-9) after recording 61 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.1 percent or better this season, Yale has lost 86 percent of the time (2-12).
- When the opposition commits 13 or fewer turnovers this season, Yale has lost 80 percent of the time (2-8).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past four games.
- Yale has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the seventh game at home this season--Yale has a 13.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The bench recorded more points (32) than the starters (29).
- Justin Sears has led the team in scoring in six out of 24 games this season.
- Armani Cotton has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 24 games this season.
Cornell Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Shonn Miller and Johnathan Gray) accounted for 52.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shonn Miller and Nolan Cressler) accounted for 41.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Shonn Miller has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 13 times in 24 games this season.
- Shonn Miller has three straight double-digit point games.
- Errick Peck has four straight double-digit point games.