|Iona||L Jones 22.9||D Laury 11.0||L Jones 3.8|
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 6.8||R Stores 2.3|
Manhattan plays host to Iona at Draddy Gymnasium on Friday. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and you can catch it on ESPN U. The Jaspers fell to the Gaels 78-70 on Jan. 6 and are 3-6 against them over the last four years.
Manhattan is in sixth place in the MAAC and Iona is in third. Both teams continue to fight for position.
In a 62-40 beatdown of Fairfield on Feb. 12, Donovan Kates put up 17 points for the Jaspers. He contributes 2.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.5 points per game. For the Gaels, Lamont Jones finished with 32 points and 6 rebounds in the 78-71 win over Rider on Feb. 9. He leads the team in points with 22.9 per game and assists with 3.8 per game.
Iona has a statistical edge over Manhattan in one specific area, scoring, where the Gaels have the upper hand over the Jaspers, 82 points per game to 58 points per game. From a tempo-free perspective, Iona is strong in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 53.2 percent and turnover percentage at 16.6 percent.
- Manhattan allows fewer rebounds (33.0 allowed per game vs. 36.5 allowed per game) than Iona this season.
- Manhattan does a better job contesting shots (40.6 percent allowed vs. 45.2 percent allowed) than Iona this season.
- The Manhattan blocks leader (Rhamel Brown, 69 blocks) has more blocks than the Iona blocks leader (David Laury, 26 blocks).
- Manhattan has a better scoring defense (61.3 allowed per game vs. 77.3 allowed per game) than Iona this season.
- Shane Richards is ranked 7th in the MAAC in three-pointers.
- Rhamel Brown is ranked 4th in the MAAC in rebounds and 11th nationally in blocks.
- Over the past 10 years, Manhattan has had more players drafted by the NBA than Iona (one vs. zero).
- Manhattan has come back to win after being down at half against Iona five times since 1996.
- Manhattan players are more experienced than Iona players (13,580 minutes played vs. 9,595 minutes played).
- Manhattan has an average margin of victory of 11 over Iona in 27 wins since 1980.
|D-||M. Jackson Jr.||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|