|Iona||L Jones 22.9||D Laury 11.0||L Jones 3.8|
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 6.8||R Stores 2.3|
On Friday, Iona travels to Draddy Gymnasium to take on Manhattan. Tipoff is at 7 p.m. EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Gaels beat the Jaspers 78-70 on Jan. 6 and are 6-3 against them over the last four years.
Iona is in third place in the conference, Manhattan is in sixth place.
In their last outing, behind 32 points and 6 rebounds from Lamont Jones, the Gaels defeated Rider 78-71 on Feb. 9. He contributes a team-high 22.9 points per game and 3.8 assists per game. In a 62-40 blowout of Fairfield on Feb. 12, Emmy Andujar put up 13 points and 6 rebounds for the Jaspers. He is averaging 7.3 points and 4.9 rebounds per game.
Iona appears to have a key statistical advantage over Manhattan in one area, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Jaspers, 82 points per game to 58 points per game. A key area of strength for Manhattan is free throw rate at 46.4 percent, which ranks first in their conference (and fourth nationally).
- Iona has more wins over the last 5 years than Manhattan (110 vs. 75).
- Iona attacks the glass, with more rebounds (36.7 per game vs. 32.2 per game) than Manhattan this season.
- Iona has a better record on the road than Manhattan this season (5-6 vs. 4-10).
- That must sting. Iona has blown out Manhattan by 20 points or more on three occasions since 2008.
- Iona has come back to win after being down at half against Manhattan six times since 1996.
- Iona has a better conference record than Manhattan this season (9-5 vs. 7-7).
- Iona has an average margin of victory of 9 over Manhattan in 42 wins since 1980.
- Since 1998, Iona has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Manhattan (one vs. zero).
- Iona has a stronger schedule than Manhattan this season (SOS Rank: No. 170 vs. No. 201).
- Boom! Iona defeated Manhattan by 8 points the last time they played (Jan 06, 2013).
- Iona has been the favorite 10 out of the last 11 times.
|D-||M. Jackson Jr.||9||1||1||0||0||0||1|