(15-10, 12-4 home)
Venue: Maples Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||J Fontan 15
||E Wise 9
||J Fontan 5
||J Huestis 22
||D Powell 17
||A Bright 5
On Thursday, Feb. 14, USC edged Stanford 65-64 in Pac 12 play. With a record of 2-0, the Trojans stay unbeaten against Stanford this season. The Trojans were led by Dewayne Dedmon, who put up 13 points and eight rebounds. Eric Wise also had a solid outing, scoring nine points and adding nine rebounds. Dwight Powell registered a double-double for the Cardinal with 17 points and 17 rebounds. The next game will be on Sunday, Feb. 17 when USC (12-13, 7-5 Pac 12) travels to California (15-9, 7-5 Pac 12).
USC Game Notes
- The last time USC started the season 12-13 was 2003.
- The win over Stanford extended the USC winning streak to four games.
- USC beat the spread by 10.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Trojans have beaten the spread.
- The Trojans have won seven close games this season (a win by five or fewer points). Since 2007, USC is 30-33 in close games.
- The Trojans have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- USC has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after holding an opponent to under 28.6 percent three-point percentage.
- The Trojans have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past four games.
- Jio Fontan recorded a team season high in free throws made with nine.
- The top two scorers (Jio Fontan and Dewayne Dedmon) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Eric Wise and Dewayne Dedmon) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Jio Fontan has led the team in scoring in six out of 25 games this season.
- Eric Wise has led the team in rebounding in nine out of 25 games this season.
- JT Terrell has four straight double-digit point games.
Stanford Game Notes
- The Cardinal have lost four times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Stanford is 22-26 in close games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a team season high in rebounds with 17 and defensive rebounds with 14.
- Chasson Randle tallied a team season high in three pointers attempted with 11.
- Josh Huestis accounted for 34.3 percent of the team's points.
- Dwight Powell accounted for 48.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Josh Huestis has led the team in scoring three times in 25 games this season.
- Dwight Powell has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 25 games this season.
- Dwight Powell recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Dwight Powell has 12 straight double-digit point games.
- Dwight Powell recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 11th of his career.
- Dwight Powell set career highs with 17 rebounds and 14 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the first 20-point game of Josh Huestis's career.
- Josh Huestis has six straight double-digit point games.
- Josh Huestis set career highs with 22 points, 10 field goals made, and a 100 percent three-point percentage.