Stephen F. Austin squared off with Nicholls State on Thursday, Feb. 14 and won on the road against the Colonels 63-51 in conference play. With a record of 2-0, the Lumberjacks remain undefeated against Nicholls State this season. Taylor Smith played well for the Lumberjacks and put up a team-high 17 points and six rebounds. Desmond Haymon had 15 points and added four rebounds. For the Colonels, Fred Hunter got a game-high 20 points and six rebounds. The Lumberjacks are on a five-game win streak. Stephen F. Austin (21-2, 12-1 SLC) gets Southeastern Louisiana (9-13, 7-5 SLC) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Stephen F. Austin Game Notes
- The win over Nicholls State extended the Stephen F. Austin winning streak to five games.
- Stephen F. Austin has won every game this season (6-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.3 percent or better.
- The Lumberjacks have won every game this season (7-0) after recording six or more three-pointers.
- Stephen F. Austin has won 80 percent of the time this season (8-2) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- SFA has won every game this season (15-0) when opponents record 51 or fewer total points.
- SFA has won every game this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 12.5 percent three-point percentage.
- This season Stephen F. Austin has won 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Taylor Smith has 17 points or more, 92 percent of the time (11-1) when Hal Bateman plays 30 minutes or more, and 91 percent of the time (10-1) when Antonio Bostic has four field goals made or more.
- SFA set season lows for rebounds (25) and steals (four).
- The Lumberjacks have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 17 games.
- The top two scorers (Taylor Smith and Desmond Haymon) accounted for 50.7 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Taylor Smith and Jacob Parker) accounted for 44.0 percent of the rebounds.
- Taylor Smith has led the team in scoring 16 times and in rebounding 18 times in 23 games this season.
- Desmond Haymon has three straight double-digit point games.
- Taylor Smith has eight straight double-digit point games.
Nicholls State Game Notes
- This loss extended the Colonels losing streak to four games.
- Fred Hunter accounted for 39.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Fred Hunter and JaMarkus Horace) accounted for 57.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Fred Hunter has led the team in scoring 14 times and in rebounding 14 times in 22 games this season.
- This marks the 28th 20-point game of Fred Hunter's career.
- Fred Hunter has four straight 20+ point games.