Northern Arizona 68
(9-16, 4-10 away)
Northern Colorado 76
(8-15, 6-4 home)
Venue: Butler-Hancock Sports Pavilion
9:05PM ET / 6:05PM PT, February 14, 2013
||G Rogers 23
||G Bewernick 9
||S Saldivar 5
||T Svihovec 24
||D Barden 6
||T Svihovec 4
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Northern Colorado topped Northern Arizona 76-68 in Big Sky play. The Bears tie the season series against Northern Arizona at 1-1 with the win. Tate Unruh played well for the Bears and put up 17 points and four rebounds. Connor Osborne had five points and added five rebounds. Michael Dunn got five points and five rebounds for the Lumberjacks. Next up for Northern Colorado (8-15, 6-9 Big Sky) is Sacramento State (11-10, 6-7 Big Sky) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
Northern Colorado Game Notes
- UNC beat the spread by one points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bears have beaten the spread.
- Northern Colorado has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 56.0 percent or better.
- The Bears have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 76 or more total points.
- UNC has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) when opponents record 11 or fewer assists.
- The Bears set a season high for steals (14).
- The last time UNC recorded at least 14 steals was Nov 12, 2010 against Tabor College.
- UNC set a season low for rebounds (24).
- This is the 10th game at home this season--UNC has a 8.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tevin Svihovec recorded a team season high in points with 24.
- Tevin Svihovec accounted for 31.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Derrick Barden and Connor Osborne) accounted for 45.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Tevin Svihovec has led the team in scoring in seven out of 23 games this season.
- Derrick Barden has led the team in rebounding in 16 out of 23 games this season.
- Tate Unruh has three straight double-digit point games.
- Tate Unruh had a career high with five steals.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Derrick Barden's career.
- Derrick Barden has three straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the fifth 20-point game of Tevin Svihovec's career.
- Tevin Svihovec has seven straight double-digit point games.
Northern Arizona Game Notes
- Gabe Rogers accounted for 33.8 percent of the team's points.
- Gaellen Bewernick accounted for 36.0 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Gabe Rogers has led the team in scoring 13 times in 25 games this season.
- Gaellen Bewernick has led the team in rebounding nine times in 25 games this season.
- This marks the 21st 20-point game of Gabe Rogers's career.
- Gabe Rogers has four straight 20+ point games.