Georgia Southern 78
(11-15, 5-9 away)
(6-18, 4-8 home)
Venue: McAlister Field House
7:05PM ET / 4:05PM PT, February 14, 2013
||C Roberts 20
||M Baynham 6
||C Reed 5
||P Horgan 19
||P Horgan 8
||A Moore 4
Citadel allowed 36 points from three-point territory to Georgia Southern and was blown out by the Eagles 78-57 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 14. Citadel was never really in this one, as they trailed 47-29 at halftime and couldn't get back into it. The Bulldogs tie the season series against Georgia Southern at 1-1 with the loss. The Bulldogs got a team-high 19 points and eight rebounds from P.J. Horgan. Mike Groselle had nine points and added four rebounds. For the Eagles, Cleon Roberts finished with a game-high 20 points and three assists. This makes three losses in a row for the Bulldogs. The next game will be on Saturday, Feb. 16 when Citadel (6-18, 3-11 SoCon) hosts Davidson (18-7, 13-1 SoCon).
Citadel Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:50 left to go.
- The last time Citadel started the season 6-18 was 2007.
- Citadel has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after having a field goal percentage of 39.6 percent or worse.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 52.7 percent or better this season, Citadel has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition records 29 or more field goals made this season, Citadel has lost 90 percent of the time (1-9).
- When the opposition records 78 or more total points this season, Citadel has lost 88 percent of the time (1-7).
- Citadel set a season low for three-pointers (three).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past six games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--Citadel has a -0.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- P.J. Horgan accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (P.J. Horgan and Stephen Elmore) accounted for 44.8 percent of the rebounds.
- P.J. Horgan has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 7 times in 24 games this season.
Georgia Southern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cleon Roberts and Eric Ferguson) accounted for 43.5 percent of the points.
- Cleon Roberts has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Marvin Baynham has led the team in rebounding five times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Cleon Roberts's career.
- C.J. Reed has five straight double-digit point games.
- Eric Ferguson set a career high with three three-pointers.
|C+||M. Harris III||34||10||1||4||1||0||3|
|C||Matt Van Scyoc||29||4||2||2||0||0||1|