(6-21, 1-13 away)
South Dakota State 82
(20-7, 13-0 home)
Venue: Frost Arena
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, February 14, 2013
|South Dakota State
||D Gibbs 16
||D Gibbs 6
||G Rice 4
|South Dakota State
||N Wolters 18
||J Dykstra 15
||J Dykstra 4
South Dakota State scored 33 points from behind the arc and easily knocked off IUPUI 82-45 in Summit League action on Thursday, Feb. 14. The game was never close, with South Dakota State leading 41-21 at the half. The Jackrabbits remain unbeaten against IUPUI this season at 2-0. Jordan Dykstra earned a double-double in the Jackrabbits win including 14 points and 15 rebounds. Nate Wolters had a game-high 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Jaguars, Donovan Gibbs got a team-high 16 points and six rebounds. South Dakota State (20-7, 11-3 Summit League) hosts Western Illinois (19-5, 11-2 Summit League) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
South Dakota State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 8:30 left to go.
- The last time SDSU started the season 20-7 was 2011.
- SDSU beat the spread by 19 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Jackrabbits have beaten the spread.
- This was the fifth blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, SDSU has been on the winning end of 32 blowout games.
- South Dakota State has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 53.8 percent or better.
- The Jackrabbits have won every game this season (5-0) after recording 40 or more rebounds.
- SDSU has won every game this season (5-0) when opponents record four or fewer free throws made.
- This season South Dakota State has won 74 percent of the time (14-5) when Nate Wolters has 18 points or more, 86 percent of the time (12-2) when Jordan Dykstra has five field goals made or more, and 85 percent of the time (11-2) when Tony Fiegen has six rebounds or more.
- The Jackrabbits have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 10 games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SDSU has a 16.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a team season high in rebounds with 15 and defensive rebounds with 12.
- Jordan Dykstra accounted for 37.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 27 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 27 games this season.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded the ninth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra recorded a double-double. It was his sixth this season and eighth of his career.
- Jordan Dykstra had career highs with 15 rebounds and 12 defensive rebounds.
- Nate Wolters has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Chad White had career highs with a 100 percent field goal percentage and a 100 percent three-point percentage.
IUPUI Game Notes
- This was the eighth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, IUPUI has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- This loss extended the Jaguars losing streak to 11 games.
- Donovan Gibbs accounted for 35.5 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Donovan Gibbs and Mitchell Patton) accounted for 52.3 percent of the rebounds.
- Donovan Gibbs has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 13 times in 27 games this season.
- Donovan Gibbs has six straight double-digit point games.