On Thursday, Feb. 14, South Alabama won big against Louisiana 88-64 in Sun Belt action. The Jaguars stay unbeaten against Louisiana this season at 2-0. Augustine Rubit earned a double-double in the win including a career-high 34 points and 12 rebounds. Mychal Ammons got a double-double as well with 18 points and 11 rebounds. For the Ragin Cajuns, Elfrid Payton finished with a team-high 17 points and seven assists. South Alabama (15-9, 12-4 Sun Belt) gets Middle Tennessee State (22-4, 14-1 Sun Belt) on the road on Thursday, Feb. 21.
South Alabama Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:10 left to go.
- The last time USA started the season 15-9 was 1999.
- The win over Louisiana extended the South Alabama winning streak to four games.
- USA beat the spread by 18 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Jaguars have beaten the spread.
- South Alabama has won every game this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 49.2 percent or better.
- This season South Alabama has won 100 percent of the time (6-0) when Dre Conner has five free throws made or more and 100 percent of the time (4-0) when Antoine Allen has five rebounds or more.
- The Jaguars set a season high for free throws made (25).
- USA set a season low for steals (two).
- The Jaguars have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--USA has a 6.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Augustine Rubit recorded a team season high in points with 34 and free throws attempted with 16.
- Augustine Rubit accounted for 38.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Augustine Rubit and Mychal Ammons) accounted for 52.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Augustine Rubit has led the team in scoring 19 times and in rebounding 18 times in 24 games this season.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Augustine Rubit's career.
- Augustine Rubit has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- Augustine Rubit recorded a double-double. It was his 14th this season and 40th of his career.
- Augustine Rubit had career highs with 34 points and 12 free throws made.
- Mychal Ammons recorded the sixth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Mychal Ammons recorded a double-double. It was his fourth this season and fifth of his career.
Louisiana Game Notes
- This was the fifth blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past five seasons, ULL has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Elfrid Payton and Kasey Shepherd) accounted for 51.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Shawn Long and Steven Wronkoski) accounted for 42.8 percent of the rebounds.
- Elfrid Payton has led the team in scoring 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Shawn Long has led the team in rebounding 22 times in 26 games this season.
- Elfrid Payton has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Elridge Moore.