(5) Gonzaga 77
(24-2, 8-1 away)
Saint Mary's 60
(21-5, 14-2 home)
Venue: McKeon Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||G Bell 20
||E Harris 9
||G Bell 3
||M Dellavedova 22
||S Holt 6
||M Dellavedova 6
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Saint Mary's took on No. 5 Gonzaga and was punished by the Bulldogs 77-60 in conference play. Gonzaga was down 33-32 at the half, but then took control in the second half and won by a big margin. The Gaels stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-2 for the season. Matthew Dellavedova played well for the Gaels and put up a game-high 22 points (6 Ast 4 Reb), sinking 6 of 12 from three-point range. Stephen Holt also had a strong showing, scoring 17 points and adding six rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Kevin Pangos finished with 18 points and six rebounds. Saint Mary's (21-5, 10-2 West Coast) gets Loyola Marymount (8-17, 1-11 West Coast) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Saint Mary's started 21-5 during the 2009 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, SMC played 19 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 5-14.
- When the opposition records 77 or more total points this season, Saint Mary's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- SMC set a season low for free throws made (two).
- The Gaels have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the second loss of the season where the Gaels opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 14th game at home this season--SMC has a 19.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Matthew Dellavedova recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Matthew Dellavedova accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in rebounding in six out of 26 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Matthew Dellavedova's career.
- Matthew Dellavedova had a career high with six three-pointers.
- Beau Levesque had a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gary Bell and Kevin Pangos) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Gary Bell has led the team in scoring three times in 26 games this season.
- Elias Harris has led the team in rebounding 15 times in 26 games this season.
- Kevin Pangos has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kelly Olynyk has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Gary Bell's career.
- Gary Bell set a career high with 20 points.
|D+||J. Walker III||15||2||1||1||0||0||1|