(5) Gonzaga 77
(24-2, 8-1 away)
Saint Mary's 60
(21-5, 14-2 home)
Venue: McKeon Pavilion
11:00PM ET / 8:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||G Bell 20
||E Harris 9
||G Bell 3
||M Dellavedova 22
||S Holt 6
||M Dellavedova 6
On Thursday, Feb. 14, No. 5 Gonzaga took on Saint Mary's and punished the Gaels 77-60 in West Coast play. It was a hard-fought battle in the first half, with Gonzaga heading into halftime down 33-32. A solid surge in the second half, however, put Saint Mary's away at the end. The Bulldogs stay undefeated against Saint Mary's this season at 2-0. The Bulldogs got the win with 18 points and six rebounds from Kevin Pangos. Gary Bell had a season-high 20 points. Matthew Dellavedova finished with a game-high 22 points (6 Ast 4 Reb) for the Gaels, making 6 of 12 from three-point range. Gonzaga (24-2, 11-0 West Coast) goes to San Francisco (11-14, 4-8 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Gonzaga Game Notes
- The last time Zags started the season 24-2 was 2003.
- The win over Saint Mary's extended the Gonzaga winning streak to seven games.
- Zags beat the spread by 16.5 points. That makes the 13th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won every game this season (7-0) after recording nine or more three-pointers.
- Gonzaga has won every game this season (4-0) when its three-point percentage has been 52.9 percent or better.
- Gonzaga has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) after committing 11 or fewer turnovers.
- Zags has won every game this season (13-0) when opponents record 60 or fewer total points.
- Zags has won every game this season (14-0) after holding an opponent to under 39.7 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Gonzaga has won 100 percent of the time (10-0) when Kelly Olynyk has 17 points or more, 82 percent of the time (9-2) when Gary Bell plays 31 minutes or more, and 100 percent of the time (13-0) when Kevin Pangos has four field goals made or more.
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past seven games.
- This is the third win of the season where the Bulldogs came back after being down at halftime.
- The top two scorers (Gary Bell and Kevin Pangos) accounted for 49.3 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Elias Harris and Kelly Olynyk) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Gary Bell has led the team in scoring in three out of 26 games this season.
- Elias Harris has led the team in rebounding in 15 out of 26 games this season.
- Kevin Pangos has three straight double-digit point games.
- Kelly Olynyk has 21 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the second 20-point game of Gary Bell's career.
- Gary Bell had a career high with 20 points.
Saint Mary's Game Notes
- Matthew Dellavedova recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 12.
- Matthew Dellavedova accounted for 36.6 percent of the team's points.
- Matthew Dellavedova has led the team in scoring 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Stephen Holt has led the team in rebounding six times in 26 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Matthew Dellavedova's career.
- Matthew Dellavedova set a career high with six three-pointers.
- Beau Levesque set a career high with a 100 percent three-point percentage.
|D+||J. Walker III||15||2||1||1||0||0||1|