Southern Utah 69
(10-14, 2-10 away)
Portland State 90
(6-16, 6-4 home)
Venue: Stott Center
10:35PM ET / 7:35PM PT, February 14, 2013
||J Stevenett 26
||J Cheesman 9
||D Heuir 6
||M Harthun 19
||R Parker 8
||D Winston Jr. 5
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Southern Utah was thumped by Portland State 90-69 in conference play. The Thunderbirds tie the season series against Portland State at 1-1 with the loss. Jackson Stevenett recorded his third straight game with 23 points or more for the Thunderbirds, scoring a game-high 26 points in 32 minutes. The Thunderbirds got a good performance from Jackson Stevenett, who put up a game-high 26 points and six rebounds. Damon Heuir scored 14 points. Michael Harthun got a team-high 19 points and five rebounds for the Vikings. Southern Utah (10-14, 8-7 Big Sky) takes on Eastern Washington (7-17, 5-9 Big Sky) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Southern Utah Game Notes
- Southern Utah started 10-14 during the 2002 and 2001 seasons (since 1996).
- Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-8) after recording 20 or fewer field goals made.
- The Thunderbirds have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-5) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- When the opposition records 90 or more total points this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 51.9 percent or better this season, Southern Utah has lost 100 percent of the time (0-5).
- Jackson Stevenett accounted for 37.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jayson Cheesman and Jackson Stevenett) accounted for 41.6 percent of the rebounds.
- Jackson Stevenett has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 24 games this season.
- Jayson Cheesman has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 24 games this season.
- Damon Heuir has 13 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jackson Stevenett's career.
- Jackson Stevenett has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the sixth foul out of the season for Jaren Jeffery.
Portland State Game Notes
- The top two rebounders (Renado Parker and Gary Winston) accounted for 40.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Michael Harthun has led the team in scoring five times in 22 games this season.
- Renado Parker has led the team in rebounding six times in 22 games this season.
- Renado Parker has four straight double-digit point games.
- Dre` Winston Jr. set a career high with five assists.
- Lateef McMullan has four straight double-digit point games.
- Aaron Moore has eight straight double-digit point games.
- Gary Winston set a career high with seven rebounds.
|B||D. Winston Jr.||30||3||5||5||0||0||1|