On Thursday, Feb. 14, San Jose State lost at home against New Mexico State 67-57 in conference play. With the loss, the Spartans remain winless against New Mexico State this season at 0-2. Xavier Jones put up a season-high 17 points in 34 minutes in the Spartans loss. D.J. Brown scored six points. Renaldo Dixon registered a double-double for the Aggies with 10 points and 14 rebounds. This makes three losses in a row for the Spartans. San Jose State (9-15, 3-10 WAC) takes on Denver (15-8, 11-2 WAC) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
San Jose State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 3:48 left to go.
- San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-10) after recording 57 or fewer total points.
- The Spartans have lost 91 percent of the time this season (1-10) after having a field goal percentage of 36.4 percent or worse.
- San Jose State has lost 75 percent of the time this season (3-9) after committing 13 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.9 percent or better this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-12).
- When the opposition records 10 or more blocks this season, San Jose State has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 24 or more field goals made this season, San Jose State has lost 85 percent of the time (2-11).
- San Jose State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past nine games.
- This is the 12th game at home this season--SJSU has a -4.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Xavier Jones and Chris Cunningham) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Chris Cunningham and David Andoh) accounted for 44.4 percent of the rebounds.
- Chris Cunningham has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 24 games this season.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Alex Brown.
New Mexico State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Daniel Mullings and Bandja Sy) accounted for 41.7 percent of the points.
- Renaldo Dixon accounted for 32.5 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Daniel Mullings has led the team in scoring 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Renaldo Dixon recorded the first double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Renaldo Dixon recorded a double-double. It was the first of his career.
- Bandja Sy set a career high with five assists.
- Sim Bhullar has five straight double-digit point games.