Loyola Marymount 50
(8-17, 3-11 away)
(12-13, 6-6 home)
Venue: Firestone Fieldhouse
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||A Ireland 26
||M Mornar 7
||A Ireland 4
||J Baker 16
||M De Freitas 6
||N Skouen 3
Loyola Marymount was narrowly defeated by Pepperdine 52-50 in conference play on Thursday, Feb. 14. With the loss, the Lions remain winless against Pepperdine this season at 0-2. Anthony Ireland picked up his third straight game with 21 points or more for the Lions, scoring a game-high 26 points (4 Reb 4 Ast) in 36 minutes. Anthony Ireland got a game-high 26 points and four rebounds in a losing effort. Ayodeji Egbeyemi got eight points and added two rebounds. Loyola Marymount (8-17, 1-11 West Coast) hosts Saint Mary's (21-4, 10-1 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- The last time LMU started the season 8-17 was 2000.
- LMU beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Lions have beaten the spread.
- The Lions have been unlucky six times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola Marymount is 27-24 in close games.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-3) after recording 50 or fewer total points.
- The Lions have lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3 percent or worse.
- Loyola Marymount has lost 88 percent of the time this season (1-7) after committing 12 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100 percent of the time (0-6).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.9 percent or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- When the opposition records four or more blocks this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 82 percent of the time (2-9).
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 12 games.
- This is the fifth loss of the season where the Lions opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Anthony Ireland accounted for 52.0 percent of the team's points.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 21 out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the 26th 20-point game of Anthony Ireland's career.
- Anthony Ireland has three straight 20+ point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Marin Mornar.
Pepperdine Game Notes
- The Waves won this one, but have lost three times this season in games decided by five or fewer points. Since 2007, Pepperdine is 24-25 in close games.
- Jordan Baker accounted for 30.7 percent of the team's points.
- Jordan Baker has led the team in scoring eight times in 25 games this season.
- Moriba De Freitas has led the team in rebounding six times in 25 games this season.
|C||M. De Freitas||26||2||6||1||1||2||3|