North Dakota State was beaten at home by Western Illinois 49-36 in conference play on a night when they shot only 28.3 percent. With the loss, the Bison remain winless against Western Illinois this season at 0-2. The Bison were led by TrayVonn Wright, who put up a team-high 10 points and eight rebounds. Lawrence Alexander had 10 points and added six rebounds. Terell Parks registered a double-double for the Leathernecks on 13 points and 15 rebounds. North Dakota State (19-7, 10-4 Summit League) takes on IUPUI (5-20, 1-11 Summit League) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on their home court.
North Dakota State Game Notes
- NDSU set season lows for assists (six), field goals made (13), field goal percentage (28.3), three-pointers (one), three-point percentage (7.7), and total points (36).
- This is the third loss of the season where the Bison opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--NDSU has a 20.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (TrayVonn Wright and Lawrence Alexander) accounted for 55.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (TrayVonn Wright and Lawrence Alexander) accounted for 50.0 percent of the rebounds.
- TrayVonn Wright has led the team in scoring seven times and in rebounding 9 times in 26 games this season.
- Lawrence Alexander has three straight double-digit point games.
Western Illinois Game Notes
- Terell Parks recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 14.
- The top two scorers (Adam Link and Terell Parks) accounted for 55.1 percent of the points.
- Terell Parks accounted for 42.8 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Adam Link has led the team in scoring eight times in 24 games this season.
- Terell Parks has led the team in rebounding 21 times in 24 games this season.
- Terell Parks recorded the 25th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Terell Parks has four straight double-digit point games.
- Terell Parks has grabbed double-digit rebounds in three straight games.
- Terell Parks recorded a double-double. It was his 11th this season and 20th of his career.
- Terell Parks set a career high with 14 defensive rebounds.