In a low-scoring affair, Samford topped Wofford 40-33 in SoCon play. Clide Geffrard Jr. guided the Bulldogs and put up a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. Raijon Kelly scored eight points and added five assists. Lee Skinner got a team-high 10 points and seven rebounds for the Terriers. Samford (9-17, 7-6 SoCon) gets Furman (6-18, 3-10 SoCon) on the road on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Samford Game Notes
- Samford beat the spread by 7.5 points. That makes the 12th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- Samford has won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) when opponents record nine or fewer assists.
- This season Samford has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Connor Miller has five rebounds or more.
- Samford set season lows for field goals made (14), field goal percentage (32.6), and total points (40).
- The Bulldogs have recorded more assists than their opponents for the past four games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Samford has a 0.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. accounted for 42.5 percent of the team's points.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has led the team in scoring in five out of 26 games this season.
- Tim Williams has led the team in rebounding in 17 out of 26 games this season.
- Clide Geffrard Jr. has five straight double-digit point games.
Wofford Game Notes
- Karl Cochran recorded a team season high in steals with six.
- Lee Skinner accounted for 30.3 percent of the team's points.
- Lee Skinner has led the team in scoring four times and in rebounding 21 times in 27 games this season.
- Karl Cochran set a career high with six steals.