San Diego 52
(13-14, 4-9 away)
Santa Clara 61
(18-8, 12-5 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||K Rancifer 17
||J Kok 9
||C Miles 3
||M Trasolini 17
||Y Atanga 11
||E Roguemore 5
On Thursday, Feb. 14, San Diego took on Santa Clara and took a home loss to the Broncos 61-52 in conference play. The Toreros remain winless against Santa Clara this season at 0-2. The Toreros were paced by Johnny Dee, who got 15 points and eight rebounds. John Sinis had a season-high 13 points and added two rebounds. Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double for the Broncos with a team-high 17 points and 10 rebounds. San Diego (13-14, 6-6 West Coast) travels to Portland (9-16, 2-8 West Coast) on Thursday, Feb. 21.
San Diego Game Notes
- The last time SD started the season 13-14 was 2008.
- SD beat the spread by two points. That makes the 14th time this season the Toreros have beaten the spread.
- San Diego has lost 100 percent of the time this season (0-6) after recording 52 or fewer total points.
- San Diego has lost 75 percent of the time this season (2-6) after committing 16 or more turnovers.
- When the opposition commits 10 or fewer turnovers this season, San Diego has lost 86 percent of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 10 or more steals this season, San Diego has lost 83 percent of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, San Diego has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- SD set a season low for steals (two).
- This is the second loss of the season where the Toreros opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Ken Rancifer accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jito Kok and Johnny Dee) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Ken Rancifer has led the team in scoring in four out of 27 games this season.
- Jito Kok has led the team in rebounding in three out of 27 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has five straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny Dee had a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jito Kok.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Marc Trasolini and Brandon Clark) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Marc Trasolini) accounted for 51.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring 11 times in 26 games this season.
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding eight times in 26 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marc Trasolini has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 13th of his career.
- Yannick Atanga recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
|B+||R. Cowels III||31||8||6||2||2||0||1|