San Diego 52
(13-14, 4-9 away)
Santa Clara 61
(18-8, 12-5 home)
Venue: Leavey Center
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||K Rancifer 17
||J Kok 9
||C Miles 3
||M Trasolini 17
||Y Atanga 11
||E Roguemore 5
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Santa Clara came out on top against San Diego 61-52 in conference play. With the win, the Broncos stay undefeated against San Diego this season at 2-0. Marc Trasolini got a team-high 17 points and 10 rebounds for the Broncos, earning a double-double. Raymond Cowels III had eight points and added six rebounds. Johnny Dee finished with 15 points and eight rebounds for the Toreros. Santa Clara (18-8, 6-5 West Coast) hosts Pepperdine (10-13, 2-8 West Coast) on Saturday, Feb. 16.
Santa Clara Game Notes
- The Broncos have won 83 percent of the time this season (5-1) after recording 10 or more steals.
- Santa Clara has won 75 percent of the time this season (6-2) after committing 10 or fewer turnovers.
- SCU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 52 or fewer total points.
- SCU has won every game this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 33.3 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Santa Clara has won 83 percent of the time (10-2) when Marc Trasolini has 17 points or more and 76 percent of the time (16-5) when Evan Roguemore has five assists or more.
- SCU set season lows for field goals made (20), field goal percentage (35.1), three-point percentage (21.1), and total points (61).
- This is the third win of the season where the Broncos came back after being down at halftime.
- This is the 17th game at home this season--SCU has a 10.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Marc Trasolini and Brandon Clark) accounted for 45.9 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Yannick Atanga and Marc Trasolini) accounted for 51.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Marc Trasolini has led the team in scoring in 11 out of 26 games this season.
- Yannick Atanga has led the team in rebounding in eight out of 26 games this season.
- Marc Trasolini recorded the 18th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Marc Trasolini has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Marc Trasolini recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 13th of his career.
- Yannick Atanga recorded the eighth double-digit rebound game of his career.
San Diego Game Notes
- Ken Rancifer accounted for 32.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jito Kok and Johnny Dee) accounted for 45.9 percent of the rebounds.
- Ken Rancifer has led the team in scoring four times in 27 games this season.
- Jito Kok has led the team in rebounding three times in 27 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has five straight double-digit point games.
- Johnny Dee set a career high with eight rebounds.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Jito Kok.
|B+||R. Cowels III||31||8||6||2||2||0||1|