On Thursday, Feb. 14, St. John's took a home loss to No. 12 Louisville 72-58 in conference play. The Red Storm now have a record of 2-4 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. The Red Storm got a team-high 21 points and three rebounds from Phil Greene IV. D`Angelo Harrison had 18 points and added three assists. Russ Smith finished with a game-high 24 points and six rebounds (4 Ast 3 Stl) for the Cardinals. The next game will be on Wednesday, Feb. 20 when St. John's (15-10, 7-6 Big East) hosts South Florida (10-14, 1-11 Big East).
St. John's Game Notes
- SJU beat the spread by three points. That makes the 8th time this season the Red Storm have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SJU played 49 Top 25 opponents in the last five seasons with a record of 10-39.
- When the opposition records 23 or more free throws made this season, St. John's has lost 100 percent of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 72 or more total points this season, St. John's has lost 78 percent of the time (2-7).
- St. John's has been outshot by their opponents in free throw percentage for the past five games.
- Phil Greene IV accounted for 36.2 percent of the team's points.
- Chris Obekpa accounted for 32.4 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Chris Obekpa has led the team in rebounding in seven out of 25 games this season.
- This marks the third 20-point game of Phil Greene IV's career.
- Phil Greene IV has six straight double-digit point games.
- Phil Greene IV had a career high with three three-pointers.
- D`Angelo Harrison has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the second foul out of the season for D`Angelo Harrison.
- Chris Obekpa recorded the fourth double-digit rebound game of his career.
Louisville Game Notes
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a team season high in defensive rebounds with 13.
- Russ Smith accounted for 33.3 percent of the team's points.
- Gorgui Dieng accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's rebounds.
- Russ Smith has led the team in scoring 15 times in 25 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng has led the team in rebounding 13 times in 25 games this season.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded the 28th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng recorded a double-double. It was his seventh this season and 19th of his career.
- Gorgui Dieng set career highs with 17 rebounds and 13 defensive rebounds.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Russ Smith's career.
- Russ Smith has six straight double-digit point games.