(13-12, 5-5 away)
(13) Ohio State 69
(18-6, 14-2 home)
Venue: Value City Arena
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||T Demps 16
||M Turner 4
||M Turner 8
||D Thomas 22
||A Williams 8
||A Craft 6
No. 13 Ohio State outrebounded Northwestern 41-21 and came out on top against the Wildcats 69-59 in Big Ten action on Thursday, Feb. 14. The Buckeyes were led by Deshaun Thomas, who put up a game-high 22 points and seven rebounds. Aaron Craft also had a strong showing, scoring seven points and adding six assists (3 Reb 3 Stl). For the Wildcats, Tre Demps finished with a career-high 16 points. Next up for Ohio State (18-6, 8-4 Big Ten) is 20th-ranked Wisconsin (17-8, 8-4 Big Ten) on Sunday, Feb. 17 on the road.
Ohio State Game Notes
- Ohio State started 18-6 during the 2009, 2001, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- The Buckeyes have won every game this season (6-0) after recording 41 or more rebounds.
- Ohio State has won 88 percent of the time this season (7-1) after committing nine or fewer turnovers.
- OSU has won 93 percent of the time this season (13-1) when opponents record 59 or fewer total points.
- This season Ohio State has won 100 percent of the time (11-0) when Lenzelle Smith Jr. has 12 points or more, 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Aaron Craft plays 39 minutes or more, and 76 percent of the time (16-5) when Deshaun Thomas has six field goals made or more.
- The Buckeyes have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past five games.
- Ohio State has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past five games.
- This is the 15th game at home this season--OSU has a 18.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Deshaun Thomas recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10 and free throws attempted with 12.
- Deshaun Thomas accounted for 31.8 percent of the team's points.
- Deshaun Thomas has led the team in scoring in 19 out of 24 games this season.
- Amir Williams has led the team in rebounding in four out of 24 games this season.
- This marks the 25th 20-point game of Deshaun Thomas's career.
- Deshaun Thomas has 24 straight double-digit point games.
- Deshaun Thomas had a career high with 10 free throws made.
- Shannon Scott had a career high with seven rebounds.
Northwestern Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tre Demps and Kale Abrahamson) accounted for 49.1 percent of the points.
- Reggie Hearn has led the team in rebounding four times in 25 games this season.
- Reggie Hearn has three straight double-digit point games.
- This was the first foul out of the season for Kale Abrahamson.
- This was the fourth foul out of the season for Mike Turner.
|B+||L. Smith Jr.||30||12||6||2||0||0||1|