Florida Gulf Coast won on the road versus Northern Kentucky 60-53 in Atlantic Sun action on Thursday, Feb. 14. With a record of 2-0, the Eagles stay undefeated against Northern Kentucky this season. Chase Fieler played brilliantly for the Eagles and put up a team-high 19 points and eight rebounds. Bernard Thompson had 18 points and added four rebounds. For the Norse, Eshaunte Jones got a game-high 20 points and six assists. Florida Gulf Coast (19-8, 11-3 Atlantic Sun) takes on Lipscomb (9-15, 4-9 Atlantic Sun) on Saturday, Feb. 16 on the road.
Florida Gulf Coast Game Notes
- The win over Northern Kentucky extended the Florida Gulf Coast winning streak to seven games.
- The Eagles have won 79 percent of the time this season (11-3) after recording 37 or more rebounds.
- FGCU has won every game this season (6-0) when opponents record 53 or fewer total points.
- FGCU has won every game this season (11-0) after holding an opponent to under 38.8 percent field goal percentage.
- This season Florida Gulf Coast has won 80 percent of the time (4-1) when Chase Fieler plays 32 minutes or more, 77 percent of the time (10-3) when Eric McKnight has six rebounds or more, and 73 percent of the time (16-6) when Brett Comer has four assists or more.
- The Eagles have outshot their opponents in field goal percentage for the past seven games.
- Chase Fieler accounted for 31.6 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chase Fieler and Sherwood Brown) accounted for 43.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Chase Fieler has led the team in scoring nine times and in rebounding 8 times in 27 games this season.
Northern Kentucky Game Notes
- Eshaunte Jones accounted for 37.7 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Chad Jackson and Ernest Watson) accounted for 46.1 percent of the rebounds.
- Eshaunte Jones has led the team in scoring 13 times in 21 games this season.
- Chad Jackson has led the team in rebounding six times in 21 games this season.
- This marks the seventh 20-point game of Eshaunte Jones's career.
- Eshaunte Jones has seven straight double-digit point games.
- Chad Jackson has six straight double-digit point games.
- This was the third foul out of the season for Chad Jackson.