(16-7, 6-3 away)
Venue: Stuart Siegel Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||R Putney 19
||R Putney 10
||C Williams 7
||T Graham 19
||J Reddic 7
||D Theus 7
On a night when they turned the ball over 24 times, Massachusetts lost in a blowout to Virginia Commonwealth 86-68 in conference play. Virginia Commonwealth trailed 42-37 at the half, but then took over in the second half to get the easy win. The Minutemen got a double-double out of Raphiael Putney with a game-high 19 points and 10 rebounds. Chaz Williams had six points and added nine rebounds. Treveon Graham got a team-high 19 points and six rebounds for the Rams. Next up for Massachusetts (16-7, 6-4 A-10) is Temple (16-8, 5-5 A-10) on Saturday, Feb. 16 at home.
Massachusetts Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 6:04 left to go.
- The Minutemen set a season high for turnovers (24).
- The last time UMASS recorded at least 24 turnovers was Jan 18, 2012 against Duquesne.
- The Minutemen have recorded more blocks than their opponents for the past eight games.
- This is the first loss of the season where the Minutemen opponent came back to win after being down at halftime.
- Cady Lalanne recorded a team season high in blocks with five.
- The top two scorers (Raphiael Putney and Freddie Riley) accounted for 45.5 percent of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Raphiael Putney and Chaz Williams) accounted for 42.2 percent of the rebounds.
- Raphiael Putney has led the team in scoring three times and in rebounding 6 times in 23 games this season.
- Chaz Williams had career highs with nine rebounds and eight defensive rebounds.
- Raphiael Putney recorded the fifth double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Raphiael Putney recorded a double-double. It was his first this season and fifth of his career.
- Raphiael Putney had a career high with four blocks.
Virginia Commonwealth Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Treveon Graham and Melvin Johnson) accounted for 43.0 percent of the points.
- Treveon Graham has led the team in scoring 11 times in 25 games this season.
- Juvonte Reddic has led the team in rebounding 19 times in 25 games this season.
- Treveon Graham has 18 straight double-digit point games.
- Rob Brandenberg set a career high with four steals.