(20-6, 10-5 away)
Tennessee State 80
(15-11, 10-1 home)
Venue: Gentry Complex
7:00PM ET / 4:00PM PT, February 14, 2013
||K Johnson 16
||J Mann 6
||K Johnson 5
||R Covington 25
||K Thornton 10
||P Miller 4
On Thursday, Feb. 14, Belmont got beat at home by Tennessee State 80-69 in conference play. The Bruins even the season series against Tennessee State at 1-1 with the loss. The Bruins got a team-high 16 points and six rebounds from Trevor Noack. Kerron Johnson had 16 points and added five assists. Robert Covington finished with a game-high 25 points and seven rebounds for the Tigers. Belmont (20-6, 11-2 OVC) heads to Eastern Illinois (7-18, 4-8 OVC) on Thursday, Feb. 21.
Belmont Game Notes
- The last time Belmont started the season 20-6 was 2003.
- When the opposition records 27 or more field goals made this season, Belmont has lost 75 percent of the time (1-3).
- Belmont set season lows for blocks (zero) and three-point percentage (19.2).
- The top two scorers (Trevor Noack and Kerron Johnson) accounted for 46.3 percent of the points.
- Trevor Noack has led the team in scoring six times and in rebounding 12 times in 26 games this season.
- Ian Clark has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- J.J. Mann has seven straight double-digit point games.
Tennessee State Game Notes
- Robert Covington accounted for 31.2 percent of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Kellen Thornton and Robert Covington) accounted for 48.5 percent of the rebounds.
- Robert Covington has led the team in scoring eight times in 26 games this season.
- Kellen Thornton has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 26 games this season.
- Patrick Miller has six straight double-digit point games.
- Kellen Thornton recorded the 12th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Kellen Thornton recorded a double-double. It was his eighth this season and 10th of his career.
- This marks the 23rd 20-point game of Robert Covington's career.
- Robert Covington has four straight double-digit point games.